Based in Townsville with regular travel to mine site, on a 5/2 roster. Reporting directly to the Technical Service Manager, you will be responsible for providing professional level of engineering expertise and making technical contribution to planning and quality control.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Review of methodologies for overburden removal and handling and making recommendations for the optimum methodologies to be utilised
- Preparation of equipment specifications including any management information system requirements (MIS) for the extraction methodology selected liaising with the MIS manager and the open cut electrical, mechanical and civil engineers
- Prepare mine layouts using input from geotechnical reports and findings to optimise pit lengths and overburden transport routes
- To review and optimise the long term mine design and schedule (Primavera/XPAC) and thereafter provide medium and long term mine planning options which will ensure the resource is mined in the most cost effective way consistent with company and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the long/medium term mine plans are adapted to and amended to optimise safe working conditions within the mining operation.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the annual budget, ‘business plans’ and ‘life of mine plans’ as required.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. The company values of Courage, Trust, and Commitment will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, it is necessary you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering
- Ability to travel frequently to Central Queensland.
- Over 6 years open cut mining engineering experience and with experience in truck shovel drag line and / or bucket wheel excavators / IPCC
- High level of analytical ability
- Greenfield coal mine development
- Possess strong technical understanding of geotechnical bulk materials handling
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian Coal Operations.
- Ease in usage of mine and scheduling design tools including Minex, XPAC, CAD, Microsoft suites etc.
- Engineering skills and applied experience with open cut project development, development of mine safety management plans
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and working constructively within team-based environments
In return for your professional commitment and expertise you will be:
Offered a permanent opportunity, you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity and collaboration. As well as an attractive remuneration package including performance-based bonus.
Should your skills and abilities fulfill the above please ‘Apply Now’