€65,000 + 6% Pension + Health Insurance
Our Clients is looking for a reliable EHS Manager to ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws.
As an EHS professional you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards.
- Recommend and review health and safety policies to ensure compliance with new and existing legislation.
- Ensure environmental objectives and targets are set and achieved throughout the organization.
- Advise and monitor the implementation of safe systems of work encompassing current legislative requirements.
- Recommend and implement safety and environmental risk assessments and determine acceptable risk levels.
- Have an active role in visits from inspectors and provide information and evidence as required.
- Recommend and implement emergency policies and ensure specific control systems meet required standards.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are investigated as per policy, make recommendations and ensure agreed corrective actions are implemented.
- Provide statistics to management and health and safety committee.
- Advise on potential health risks at work, health of employees, health promotion.
- Facilitate in carrying out training for the site.
- Ensuring Safety Data sheets are up to date.
- Ensure adequate trained First Aid cover and provisions on site at all times.
- Ensure Directors and Managers are aware of their legal requirements and identify to them any shortfalls our safety management system
- Monitor, audit and review policies and procedures to ensure current legislative requirements are met and safe systems of work are being maintained.
- Ensure environmental information is available for Managing Director to review.
- Carry out external and internal environmental audits to ensure they meet the required standards.
- Implement and maintain the company risk assessment management system and carry out risk assessments for working procedures and operating equipment. Determine and advise on acceptable risk levels.
- Provide information to inspectors and emergency services, as appropriate.
- Provide support during customer audits.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are investigated and corrective actions are implemented to prevent recurrence. Provide relevant information to insurance brokers.
- Identify training needs and deliver training and awareness sessions to encourage a minimum risk site is maintained.
- Ensure all new starters are fully inducted to site to minimise potential safety and health risks and records of attendance to be fed back to HR.
- Maintenance of first aid provision, training and supplies.
- Collation and presentation of statistics of injury or ill health at work.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
A sound, wide ranging Environmental, Health & Safety knowledge with 5 years’ experience in a similar role, gained within a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Formal H&S qualification, minimum degree level.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Additional Skills which would be a distinct advantage: Trained VDU Assessor, Current Safe Pass Card, Manual Handling instructor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff, contractors or customers.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
Have sufficient knowledge to advise on day to day operational EHS issues and apply knowledge in a team environment with personnel from other functions and different levels of the organization.
If you wish to be considered for the above position, please apply ASAP for immediate consideration