The Chief Identity Architect will be accountable for all Identity services globally, requiring expertise in Privileged Access Management, Active Directory, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, etc.
The role requires technical breadth and depth, a proven track record of enterprise delivery and the ability to articulate complex technical topics that result in a definitive direction. The role will work closely with the CTO and enterprise architecture community, helping to develop and embed a clear investment pipeline that supports a dynamically-evolving, highly-competitive market.
This role does not include people administration; however, will provide domain-specific technical leadership and decision making for DevOps teams.
Chief Identity Architect Responsibilities:
Chief Identity Architect Architecture Leadership
- Define, embed and maintain the global Identity strategy, including a clear execution plan.
- Partner with the CTO and Enterprise Architecture, supporting the creation of architecture materials, such as a reference architecture, principles, positioning, patterns and statements.
- Identify opportunities to optimize and modernize the Identity architecture, driving cost efficiencies.
- Identify and position new Identity technologies that yield competitive advantage.
Chief Identity Architect Technical Leadership
- Provide Identity architecture technical leadership and decision making for DevOps team.
- Serve on various forums to analyse projects and programs to ensure they are technological sound, will do no harm, and will deliver the expected outcomes.
- Establish strong partnerships across the architecture community and Information Security, helping to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
- Help to embed security, privacy, data protection and quality assurance across IT.
- Actively build and stay abreast of emerging technology directions related to Identity architecture, guide IT on how to interpret and best leverage the emerging technologies.
- Engage in the community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, educate and inspire.
- 10+ years of experience in technology project leadership, managing and advancing complex, global environments.
- 10+ years of experience designing and delivering enterprise technology solutions.
- 10+ years of experience across Identity, including Privileged Access Management, Active Directory, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with public cloud architecture (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working with modern architecture methodologies (Service Orientated Architecture, API-Centric Design, Twelve-Factor App, FAIR, etc.)
- Experience defining and executing large-scale, transformative strategic plans.
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of IT and third-parties.
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree and experience working with Ping and Activity Directory.
Other Information: Occasional travel may be required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK