This role is responsible for entering pipeline attribution data into the Gulf Coast BU Utility Pipeline Data Model (UPDM). The role will include working with business partners / analysts to locate and integrate 3rd party supplied data into the pipeline database. This position will support an initiative to restructure GIS and pipeline/facility documentation to improve access and availability.
The role will include researching older project dataset, organizing records and files datasets, extracting pipeline attribute data, reviewing drawings and editing pipeline centerline data in ArcGIS and/or Dash. The role will also include verification of third party survey data (As-Builts, Plats, ...) for integration into the UPDM model.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Locate through records search, pipeline attribution data on a segment basis.
- Organize and catalog pipeline records into a single location and tie back to UPDM.
- Edit pipeline line segments in ArcGIS Enterprise SDE.
- Edit Pipeline Centerline positioning.
- Using UPDM and APR QC tools to check existing database and correct errors.
- Use of Blue Sky Evolution tools (Dash, Lightning) to adjust data tables and import data.
- Provide support / perform electronic registration, filing and distribution of documentation into Document Management System (DMS), BU’s DMS and SharePoint
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years ArcGIS
- Minimum 2 years editing pipeline data in ArcGIS
- Familiarity with Pipeline alignment sheets
- Clear understanding of pipeline data requirements is desirable.
- Understanding of pipeline documentation (MTR’s, P&IDs, Inspection reports)
- Minimum 1 year experience from document control work, preferably from the oil and gas industry.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 1 yr. working with pipeline data models (UPDM, PODS).
- Understanding of linear referencing of Pipelines
- Understanding of land survey concepts.
- Ability to read and understand survey data.