Job DescriptionAn oil and gas major client currently require a Marine Operations Analyst for a major capital project to be based in Farnborough for a contract assignment.
The Marine Operations Analyst will participate in the production and maintenance of an efficient and effective Russian Inland Waterway shipping (RIWS) schedule for module delivery.
- Support interfaces between all associated departments on vessel schedule planning related issues.
- Works with the Logistics Planning Group and Contractor’s Planner/Scheduler to develop and maintain ready for load/shipment schedules.
- Provide vessel loading/unloading schedule updates
- Produce required documentation to support and execute scheduling decisions
- Organise and coordinate schedule approval meetings as required to enable effective execution of vessel scheduling decisions.
- Participate in learning look backs for voyages with key stakeholders, including vessel operator, to validate decision making parameters and to ensure continuous improvement of voyage management practices.
You will approximately 3-5 years experience within an analytical role within logistics; Strong organisational and coordination skills; Strong analytical skills; Communication skills – both in person and with others not in same geographic location; Be an experienced Excel user with capacity to analyse data and present inherent opportunities and vulnerabilities in the schedule.
Ideally, you will have worked on a major capital project, specifically within logistics with basic understanding of marine operations.
Please note, due to the location of the assignment, only applicants eligible to work in the UK will be considered.