In this role, you will be the link between the suppliers and internal stakeholders (including the Engineering, Production, Planning and Project Management departments). You will be responsible for the supply chain associated with our product range, such as machinery, deck equipment, electrical and hydraulic systems, and nautical equipment. This means you are responsible for the results of the work packages for daily projects, as well as for longer term improvements to costs, quality and reliability. You will advise and support the Operational Manager, and act as a coach for the tactical and operational purchasers in your team. In addition to the above, you will be closely involved in the implementation of the new ERP system and support the development of international production. At all times, you will act in the best interests of the company. As such, you will negotiate adequate and appropriate conditions with suppliers. You must be capable of leading a small project team, and where necessary, initiating improvement suggestions within the supply chain management process.
To be eligible for the position of Team Leader Supply Chain Management, you must have:
- an acadamic higher education, preferably in mechanical or maritime engineering, or technical management supplemented with NEVI 1 and 2 training
- at least ten years of relevant (international) project procurement experience in the manufacturing and/or maritime industry
- knowledge and experience of procurement procedures and order processing in the maritime industry
- the ability to identify and leverage best practices from both within and outside the company
- commercial awareness and experience working in an engineering focused, project-based organisation
- the ability to act as a thought leader for the supply chain in regards to innovation and strategic direction
- excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- a team-oriented, stress-resistant and proactive approach
- the flexibility to travel abroad occasionally
- the ability to deliver projects OSBIT (on specification, budget and in time)
- experience of heavy machine equipment (desirable).
Please note, an online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with an EU work visa will be considered as viable applicants.
Terms of employment
We offer you as Team Leader Supply Chain Management a full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.