As Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for independently performing strength calculations using finite element analysis. You will work with a team of engineers in the Engineering department. Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- interpreting sales contracts and ship layouts, and converting into a strength calculation
- performing strength calculations for customers and R&D projects
- supporting and advising mechanical engineers when performing strength calculations
- monitoring the completeness and quality of the strength calculations.
To be eligible for the position of Structural Engineer, you must have the following:
- bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, or another technical discipline
- several years of experience working within a department in a technical environment and a global customer base
- knowledge and experience in the offshore, dredging and heavy industries would be beneficial
- experience in overseeing a large and diverse number of projects
- well-developed communication skills, and a customer-focused and service-oriented attitude
- excellent knowledge of related topics, such as structural fatigue
- an excellent command of Dutch and English
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
We offer you as Structural Engineer a challenging role at a company in which technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work for an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent, and include reimbursement for your travel costs, an annual profit share, a highly beneficial pension scheme, access to appropriate training courses, and 40 days of annual leave.