Senior Project Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Start Date: November 2018
Duration: 2 year contract assignment
The Senior Project Manager, Capital Projects position is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience in managing infrastructure, maintenance, reliability, and capital projects in a Chemical Plant or Refinery setting.
The Senior Project Manager will have experience driving a portfolio of multiple projects in various stages, from development to execution, with an eye for managing cost, scope, schedule, and internal reporting requirements.
The Senior Project Manager will manage the execution of the engineering design, procurement, construction and turnover to manufacturing of capital projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures capital projects meet project objectives (including cost, schedule, and scope) by managing the development, design and execution of assigned projects in accordance with specifications and standards
- Ensures accurate cost budgeting, estimating, forecasting and reporting of assigned projects
- Provides clear, accurate scopes of work and construction packages including documentation
- Responsible for providing new/revised Process Safety Information to the appropriate departments
- Analyzes and manages risks on projects
- Facilitates safety and constructability reviews
- Creates requisitions for engineered items and development of spare parts list
- Reports on cost (including forecasting) and schedule attainment
- Communicates and resolves technical and commercial issues as related to project objectives
- Responsible for initiating the Management of Change, coordinates with the site PSM (Project Safety Management) representative regarding PHA (Process Hazard Analysis) requirements and participates in PHAs as needed
- Successfully communicates with leadership, engineers, designers, document control, construction, project controls, and all other departments
- Ensures all project documentation is completed
- Exercises direct control of cost and execution of assigned projects
ROLE SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Self-starter, knows how to effectively manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Understands and adheres to all policies, procedures, and guidelines pertaining to safety, health, environmental and quality assurance emphasizing this perspective in their own work and in the work of others
- Uses fact based, structured decision making process to initiate and support appropriate actions
- Knows how to effectively exchange information, instructions and ideas within own work group and with other cross-functional groups
- Has advanced verbal and written communication skills and can adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Team player, works effectively within a group and understands how to leverages each member's role and responsibilities
- Drives projects to completion by holding self and project team members accountable for project deliverables
- Understands core work processes
- Strive to continuously improve and apply personal knowledge and skills to effectively perform role
- 10+ years of experience in project management in either the Chemical and/or Refining industry. Experience must include time with owner/operator Company.
- Experience managing infrastructure, maintenance, reliability, and capital projects in a Chemical Plant or Refinery setting.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any company in an ongoing capacity without company sponsorship.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION CRITERIA
- PMP or other certifications in Project Management
- B.S. in Engineering
- Oracle ERP systems experience