Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Senior Process Engineer, LNG
LOCATION: Gulf Coast, TX
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client a Houston-based energy company primarily engaged in LNG-related businesses. They have a permanent opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer for a direct hire position based in the Gulf Coast in Texas (TX).
The Staff Engineer, Process Engineer reports to the Manager, Corporate Technical Services, and is the primary technical contact for all matters related to the process technology support at all operating facilities. The Senior Process Engineer provides Company Operations departments with process expertise, participates in development of capital projects, conducts data analytics and process testing as required to solve problems, optimize plant performance, supports safety and environmental compliance, and understands business objectives so that the facility operates in support of business needs.
Understand the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and the chemistry of hydrocarbon processes. Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes, cryogenic services and the methods used to keep process facilities safe. In-depth knowledge of LNG Liquefaction process engineering. In-depth knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations and their implementation in LNG operating facilities. Competent in the use of process simulation software.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Provide process engineering expertise and guidance to Operating facilities to make improvement recommendations related to process systems design and controls.
- Develop and conduct process simulations in conjunction with Operating facilities to investigate system steady state responses in support of diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Provide design solutions and performance tests requirements towards optimizing production or solving process related incidents.
- Develop process design basis, preliminary cost estimates, and schedules to support capital and facility upgrade projects.
- Develop, review and participate in the bidding of engineering services and technical contracts
- Support the technical review and closeout of critical Management of Change (MOC) activities at Operating facilities.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and Hazard and Operability Reviews (HAZOP) to ensure safety in design and facility operations, and participate in Pre Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
- Participate in incident investigation to analyze equipment and system failures and deviations and provide solutions and corrective actions to root causes.
- Technical lead to coordinate community of practices, knowledge, and lessons from various sources including technology providers and licensors and ensure deployment across Operating facilities and project development groups for appropriate evaluation and recommendations.
- Assure Operations requirements are considered on major projects, and support Operations Readiness activities.
- Interact with and support Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and other departments to ensure that appropriate process data and analyses are available to support Company’s business objectives.
- Coach, mentor and develop less experience staff within the process engineering practice.
Education and Certifications: Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering. A Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is a plus.
Experience: Minimum Ten (10) years’ experience in an industrial setting in engineering or operations, depending on type of experience. Recent experience in an operating LNG facility is required. Experience in commissioning and start-up is preferred.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate, and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers (Plant Manager, plant supervision, and plant workers) whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer savvy including Project Management, database, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, and HYSYS computer process simulation.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading LNG Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package, annual bonus, comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, 401K, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.