Our client is an international leader in medical and safety technology; their products protect, support and save lives.
We currently have an exciting employment opportunity for a mechanical minded individual to take on the role of Trainee Field Service Technician. You will be servicing the entire safety equipment product range (electronic gas detection instruments, breathing apparatus and high pressure compressors) at customer sites in Central Queensland.
The role reports to the QLD Service Manager who is based in Brisbane and the primary responsibility will be to service and grow our clients business in Central Queensland. You will work alongside the Field Service Technician who has been with the company for 10 plus years so will have the opportunity to be trained. The role will eventuate to be very autonomous.
Representing the company you will be a self-starter, well presented and prepared to travel. This role is based from home and would be suitable for applicants residing anyplace between Rockhampton north to Bowen and west to Emerald, or be prepared to relocate to this area. While working away from home to carry out service on site you will be provided with accommodation.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintenance, repair and testing of the entire range of safety products
- Prepare detailed quotations for customers
- Maintain accurate service records
- Provide a high level of service and support to customers
- Proven experience with mechanical equipment maintenance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English.
- Excellent customer service skills
- A sound attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Computer operation and Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- The ability to provide efficient and reliable service and effective solutions
- A positive attitude especially when working under pressure
- Excellent time management skills, organising work priorities to meet customers’ expectations
- Current Driver’s License
For a confidential discussion please contact Natasha Lee at NES on 07 3123 4433 alternatively please feel free to forward your most current CV by clicking APPLY