Job DescriptionJob Title: Project Director
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time/ Exempt
Location: Pennsylvania, Northeast
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Owner/ Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Director to be based in Pennsylvania, USA.
Seeking a Project Director to for a high value greenfield hydrocarbon plant in North East, USA. This person would have run through the entire construction process. He/ She will be tasked with getting the project from Final Investment Decision to Commercial Operation Date.
- Provide overall supervision of Project Managers and maintain a detailed knowledge of the performance of all projects undertaken by company.
- Manages large complex and/or high-priority projects that require considerable organizational resources and high levels of functional integration.
- Applies extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the organization's work processes, business practices and the roles and functions of assigned project team members to plan, organize, direct and control all activities on assigned project(s).
- Works closely and effectively with customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Ensures adherence to quality and/or safety standards. Is responsible for meeting or exceeding as-sold financial objectives, timely delivery and achieving a high degree of stakeholder satisfaction. Performs work and makes most project related decisions independently.
- Recommends assignments of Project Managers from bids to projects. Displays sound judgment concerning the need to consult with management and other experts concerning unusual problems.
- Day-to-day supervision is administrative. While accepting responsibility for all phases of the projects, recognizes that the various department managers have ultimate responsibility, through the assigned managing and lead project team members, for the technical adequacy of the work and may, therefore, monitor the work related to their discipline at any time, and make recommendations for recruitments, training, etc.
- Evaluate and consult with corporate levels of leadership regarding technical operations, strategic planning, construction, system techs and network operations.
- Ensure compliance with quality control programs for inside plant operations and consistent operational procedures.
- Lead and direct capital budget process for company, execute approved budget plan.
- Ensure adherence to company, state and federal regulations and policies
- Lead and participate in succession planning
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineer
- Project Management/ Project Director level experience on high value projects excess of $500MM, $1B projects experience is preferred
- Industry and project background from Power Plant, Refining, or Oil & Gas
- Ability to be personally involved, roll up sleeves and get to work; need a working manager
- Candidate has experience working in fast paced environment
- Background developing modes of transportation/terminals, truck or rail a plus
- Ability to relocate to Northeast USA for duration of project (minimum of 3 years)
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast growing Operating Company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with short term and long term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package, medical coverage, PTO, and more.