Job DescriptionJob Experience:
3-10+ years experience with the engineering design and layout of mechanical systems for heavy industrial, oil and gas refining and bio-pharm plants. Must have field experience in the petroleum in the related environment work, refinery environment and be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment. Must have a strong civil/structural background.
B/S in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and assist with development of mechanical-structural construction packages. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client shop personnel, inspection staff, and construction contractors. Must understand and apply all client and safety policies. Have knowledge of computer drawing filing systems with experience in performing drawing searches.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to read and interpret P&ID’s
- Ability to create and read elevation drawings
- Basic Drafting Skills (symbols, orientation, etc.)
- Ability to layout plant equipment and facilities for maximum efficiency
- Must be familiar with materials required for most types of industrial projects
- Must also be able to climb ladders and work in elevated locations
- Ability to gather and record existing field data and information
- Ability to use AutoCAD Lt as a sketch tool.
- Familiar with material classification sheets and client specifications
- Knowledge of basic stress analysis.
- Ability to create mechanical/structure documents with complete Bill of Materials
- Ability to interface and work with other discipline personnel and their drawings.
- Familiar with equipment including pumps, valves, tanks, vessels, compressors
- Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters and displays an enthusiasm for safety
- Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources
- Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team; assists team members.
- Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company’s quality standard of acceptability
- Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions
- Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels