Job DescriptionMaintenance Engineer
Stoke – On – Trent
£40,000 - £45,000
A brand-new role has just gone live for a multi skilled maintenance engineer with either a mechanical or electrical bias to join a leading Pharmaceutical manufacturing business at their factory in Stoke – On – Trent. The business also has further expansion plans with a new site and refurbishment of their current one, so this is a great chance for the right maintenance engineer to join a thriving business that is moving forward and investing in staff.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Support Services the Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of facilities, equipment and plant to appropriate standards. Responsibilities will include: the management of all site maintenance ensuring that financial, operational, quality, health & safety targets and standards according to the Code of Conduct are met, as required by the Company.
- To ensure full and proper compliance with Health and Safety of all maintenance, calibration and general engineering activities in accordance with Health,Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Manage and / or perform planned mechanical, electrical and instrumentation maintenance and / or breakdown support on a variety of plant equipment (such as but not limited to purified water, HVAC, plant and clean steam, steam condensate recovery systems, compressed air, cooling water systems / chillers, diesel generator etc.) to design and cGMP standards within areas of expertise.
- Manage and / or perform daily checks on plant equipment (such as but not limited to boiler safety checks, salt replenishment).
- Perform safety checks and adjustments on pressure vessels and plant safety devices (such as but not limited to boiler low water level or pressure relief valves).
- Ensure that plant and utilities are operating to specified parameters, documenting critical parameters.
- Manage shutdown operations at the facility in accordance with written Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage and / or perform minor repairs to building fabric, such as but not limited to replacing lights and door repairs.
- Manage external contractors ensuring that all work is thoroughly documented to cGMP standards and all works are covered appropriately by the permitting system to ensure the safety of contractors and personnel.
- To respond to out of hours plant alarms / breakdowns (on call-make safe)
- To contribute towards the execution of 5S system of facility management.
- To collaborate with other teams as appropriate to maintain and improve quality.
- Btech in mechanical / electrical engineering with relevant industrial experience.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical systems (such as but not limited to water, steam, HVAC).
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cGMP and impact of plant operations on maintaining cGMP compliance.
- Good hands-on skills in manipulation of process plant items.
- Able to work at height and in confined spaces such as roof voids.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration!