Job DescriptionNES Global Talent partners with leading companies in the Energy and Mining sectors to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our industry relationships; this ensures the best possible fit for long-term success. As such we are now seeking an experienced Underground Mining Operation Manager with a First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency
Based on the Eagle Downs Site, south of Moranbah Queensland, this role offers the opportunity to be a part of an exciting project in its initial stages and to build a team. You will provide leadership and direction to safely run the project site and ensure delivery according to project plan.
The role will also be required to maintain unit costs through effective management of people, resources, and physical assets. In addition, provides leadership and direction to ensure all maintenance activities involving physical assets within a defined area of operations are executed safely.
This role will initially be offered on an 18-month fixed term employee contract with a view to a permanent position upon successful Final Investment Decision of the project in 2019.
- Membership of the Project Leadership Team.
- Demonstrate leadership through personal behaviours that are consistent with the company Core Values; Trust, Care, Togetherness and Excellence and Code of Conduct
- A strong commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development demonstrated through personal behaviours and leadership.
- Ensure Eagle Downs HSE Management Standards are incorporated in all work undertaken and supporting systems and procedures are in place
- Deliver the Care Strategy through creating a culture of care and accountability as an enabler to continuously learn and improve.
- Create and foster a culture that strives to add and drive value and innovation within the Project.
- Ensure best practice Risk Management
- Maintain open and efficient communication channels across the company to share knowledge, contacts, experience and expertise
- Implement improvement initiatives to streamline and leverage key opportunities within the Business and Operations.
- Setting clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency.
- Lead the operational readiness and maintenance teams and promote operating discipline.
- Ensure personnel are fully competent to work effectively and safely.
- Ensure that the material risk profile for the site is well controlled and critical risk controls are in place and effective and standards are adhered to
- Development and delivery of construction and maintenance plans to optimise operational capacity and productivity.
- Create an inclusive workplace with a strong culture of care and accountability
- Drive consistent expectations, understanding and application of processes, systems and standards, including ensuring that appropriate equipment and people are assigned to tasks and the work is well designed to execute the plan
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with government officials, major contractors, and other external stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications – Mining Engineering or related discipline
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency (Underground Coal Mining) or a demonstrated capability to obtain this.
- Proven ability of working in a small team of technical professions
- Prior experience of Production or Maintenance function within an underground coal mine.
- Proven experience in leadership role managing large teams.
- Demonstrable experience of contractor management.
- Experience in managing small projects and has taken responsibility for budgets at a function level.
- Ability to influence / agree solutions with multiple or a large group of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, coach and mentor employees resulting in improved engagement, diversity and organisational capability.
- Ensure you are consistently displaying behaviours in line with the Core Values; Trust, Care, Togetherness and Excellence
Accommodation Support, flexible work schemes and arrangements, Superannuation Matching Contributions, Education and Career Development, and a very Competitive Salary.
Should your skills and abilities fulfill the above please ‘Apply Now’