Since the first sequencing of the human genome 15 years, the field of genetics and its therapeutic manipulation has advanced beyond new conceivable heights. My client, a well-established, rapidly growing Biotechnology and Diagnostic company in the Cambridge area, is currently seeking the expertise of a LIMS Developer/Bioinformatician to assist driving progression of their proprietary in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) technology into clinical trial stages.
LIMS Developer/Bioinformatician Key Responsibilities:
- Driving the development and implementation of the laboratory information management systems (LIMS), maintaining a high level of project management at all times
- Programming the LIMS systems using Python language to optimise functionality
- Working alongside company molecular biologists to interpret data and subsequently aid in experimental design
- Analyse NGS data obtained from clinical samples, developing and maintaining company pipeline.
- Mentoring and training more junior colleagues in their work, helping to manage workflow
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Functional Genomics, Computational Biology or Statistics and Machine Learning.
- Proven and extensive experience working with LIMS software development, ideally in an industry setting
- Highly competent in writing script and programming in languages such as Python (strong prefence) R, Perl, C/C++
- Analysis of NGS data using techniques such as ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq or methylation analysis
- Previous experience working in an IVD/clinical diagnostics environment is desirable
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more details on rates and applying.