The principal purpose of the Maintenance (HRM) Senior Engineer is to provide engineering leadership to support the Rolling production department or area. The Maintenance (HRM) Senior Engineer coordinate and communicate between inter- and intra- departmental needs to provide the support necessary for successful engineering work.
- Serve as a working engineer in the plant
- Directly supervise multiple engineers and provide leadership and mentorship in prioritizing work and career growth and development
- Demonstrate flexibility to grow with the organization as it evolves to create more efficient, higher functioning teams and systems.
- Support capital improvement and continuous improvement projects; responsible to develop project proposals, benefits, etc. to request funds for approval with upper management, and then also responsible for controlling project scope, costs, and meeting the project deliverables
- Lead and/or support project safety reviews, safety inspections and other applicable safety programs
- Incorporate key internal customers or affected parties from the beginning to the end of changes to the equipment, process, or procedure for operation or maintenance.
- Manage external vendors and contractors who provide design, material, installation and other support functions
- Oversee the activities of skilled craft persons involved in the implementation of engineered solutions and provide training as appropriate
- Initiate and maintain an ongoing dialogue with installers and maintainers to identify issues, clarify requirements, and facilitate use of safe work practices
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance, quality, and operations using lean manufacturing, root cause analysis, equipment reliability, and process management tools to maintain and improve process quality and efficiency
- Connect with the Central Engineering team to coordinate and prioritize work according to business needs
- Maintain an awareness of current engineering technology and appropriate applications
- Recommend technical and procedural policy changes and enforce current company policy
- Daytime shifts, yet is expected to work off-shifts as needed to support the functions of this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility of engineering work in a manufacturing environment, to include managing internal and external resources
- Minimum of 3 years of experience maintaining equipment including problem solving and upgrading industrial equipment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with project management, including funding proposal preparation, scheduling, specifying, procuring, installing, commissioning, tracking, reporting, and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a high performance, cross functional team environment
- Manufacturing experience in seamless Steel or similar industry
- 5 or more years of experience supervising technical direct reports
- Experience with rolling mill equipment
- Strong verbal and written communications and other business, technical and analytical skills to be a successful engineer
- Experience with data analytics
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Root Cause Analysis and Reliability Excellence methodologies