Job DescriptionJob Title: Lead Estimator
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Location: Houston, TX (Katy area)
Job Type: Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a fast growing EPC Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Lead Estimator to be based out of Houston, TX (Katy area).
The Lead Estimator is responsible for developing cost estimates on fabricated equipment. Equipment will vary from pressure vessels, pipe spools, structural steel skids and skidded packages.
- Reviews fabrication drawings and understand scope of work to bid.
- Perform take offs on drawings to provide bill of materials for quoting.
- Reviews pricing supplied by vendors and confirms correct material quoted
- Generates scope of works for subcontractors to bid on outsourced work
- Reviews bids from subcontractors to confirm accuracy of scope quoted.
- Review Client specifications and standards in proposal documents to confirm proposal meets requirements
- Compile all pricing and man hour estimates into quoting document to generate estimate
- Generate proposal document to present to clients
- Organize all information to provide well documented support for estimate
- Perform additional tasks as requested by supervisor to support shop needs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of fabrication experience in gas processing for midstream oil & gas required
- Vessel fabrication or quoting experience preferred
- Pipe spool fabrication or quoting experience required
- Structural steel fabrication and quoting experience required
- General knowledge of electrical conduit and wiring is preferred
- General knowledge of instrumentation and control valves is required
- Professional, ethical, and team player willing to grow with the company
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the fast growing EPC company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.