Job DescriptionData & Insights Expert – Permanent – Port Sunlight, Cheshire
ESSENTIAL: Data lifecycle management. Analytical power & actionable insights generation. Business Intelligence Platform – Basic appreciation. Data Visualisation – Basic appreciation. Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience, experience in data & business intelligence preferred. Strong track record of working with business stakeholders to drive definition & alignment. Demonstrable understanding of Business processes. Ability to manage multiple requests & priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA & competitive market.
The Finance BIT is key to providing information to the business as a professional, efficient & effective service. This is achieved by bringing together information process & reporting activities into one place & enjoying the benefits of focus & scale.
Data & Insights Expert Main Purpose of the Job:
The ETS I&A Data & Insights team are responsible for the Enterprise Data Management & the delivery of global functional Business Insights. This team of data professionals will identify where, when, how & why the business uses data & will lead the way in democratising data across the organisation, building data into functional DNA & leading the global agenda to build-out our thought leadership around data & insight. This work will seamlessly integrate across transformation efforts & include embedding data foundations & functional insights into I&A global products.
Data & Insights Expert Key accountabilities:
- Engage the function, providing end-to-end information leadership
- Partner directly with the global business functions, understand the business needs & priorities
- Work with functional management to establish I&A business objectives, define strategies, draw up requirements specifications, & oversee development & implementation of the solution.
- Work with the business leaders to ensure that the business benefits are realized within the terms of the business case.
- Develop & manage the functional information strategy, prioritizing the information portfolio into manageable project opportunities
- Establish & maintain common information standards for the function; Drive Simplification; Serve as “design authority" for the function, ensuring that reports are delivered to established information & IT standards.
- Develop & Deliver information solutions to the function
- Manage the delivery of functional reporting & Analytics solutions on-time, in-full, to-budget & in compliance with IT & Information standards & processes, without business disruption. This includes ad-Hoc reporting solutions (mainly manual, semi-automated).
- Evaluate & structure each functional opportunity into appropriate reporting projects with clear deliverables, timelines & cost.
- Establish & operate the governance mechanism to steer the projects (including support on prioritisation, funding & resource commitments).
- Deliver to the management information needs of global Functional stakeholders. These needs would include periodic standard reporting, Adhoc reporting, capability building initiatives (projects) & support for establishing new requirements. The delivery will happen through a combination of functional BIT team & IM Operations, including 3rd parties.
- Work with user management to ensure maximum utilization of Information solutions & to ensure that improvements are made in the business operations as Information projects go live.
- Work collaboratively with the Capability teams (Data, Front-end, Master Data, IM & MDM Operations) to deliver.
- Provide superior information reporting services to the functions
- Champion Information & Analytics with clients & users & drive behavioural change.
- Provide support for the functional information area, including information applications
- Manage Service Performance & KPI's for Information Delivery Services, including Daily/monthly information services delivery (BIT, MBI, One View)
- Take full responsibility for the level of customer satisfaction, at regular intervals or after each significant delivery of product or service. Respond to customer queries & complaints. Ensure that corrective action is taken by own organization & by the customer organization. Facilitate customer involvement in the continuous improvement of the products & services supplied to them.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of operations & value chain in a consumer goods company, that is complemented by working knowledge of data management, business information intelligence, & emerging technologies required to deliver a world class data service. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will enjoy rolling their sleeves up to drive towards outcomes.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK