Mechanical Static Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Static Engineer|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Burgess|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2018 22:26|
The position will serve as a mechanical static discipline engineer supporting unconventional Americas projects.
The successful candidate will focus on the integration of Mechanical Static requirements into the projects delivery team while supporting the must win objectives established for unconventionals Americas projects.
The role also ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations, industry codes, standards and recommended practices.
• Interfacing with EPC contractors, Project Delivery Teams, and multi-discipline teams to deliver technical solutions aligned with unconventional assets risk profile.
• Provide technical assurance throughout all project phases (Identify, Assess, Select, Define, Execute, and Operate)
• Knowledge of international codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO, etc.), related to pressure vessels, piping, tanks, valves, and fabrication.
• Knowledge of Welding, NDE methods, failure investigation and repair methodologies
• Experience with piping design, pressure vessel design and valve selection.
• Good listening, communication, presentation, interpersonal and team working skills in multi-cultural environment
• Effectively cooperating to meet project safety, quality, schedule and cost targets
• Provide technical assurance on MOC's for mechanical static issues
• Effectively balance multiple asset project activities
• Participate in HAZOPs
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience in Oil & Gas Industry as Mechanical Engineer
• Expected Travel approximately 10%
• Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Long Beach, United States
$55 - $80 per hour
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary plus benefits
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Flare)
Competitive rate and terms