Job Type – Permanent, Full- Time
Location – Houston, TX USA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Midstream EPC firm, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Engineer to be based in Houston, TX USA.
The Project Engineer is the primary technical point of contact for the Customer and for the internal project team. The role of the Project Engineering is to be the liaison between the project team and the Project Manager.
- The Project Engineer will need to be responsible for:
- Work with the Project Manager to develop project objectives by reviewing proposals and schedules
- Identify and promote the close out of project Action Items
- Take and/or review meeting minutes from project meetings
- Determine and assign deliverables and responsibilities by identifying project specific scopes of work
- Organize and determines project specifications by reviewing customer requirements, standards, and or go-by information.
- Identify Scope Changes or Additions and communicate with the project team to develop the associated Change Management Documents.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Identifies critical path and/or progress inhibiting items, recommends corrective recommends corrective action, and coordinates with the Project Manager to follow through with implementation plan.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Review of Vendor Quotes, Develop Technical Bid Evaluations, and Perform Clarifications.
- Ensure adherence to and implementation of Company Standard Operation Procedures
- Review and coordinate vendor documentation to ensure that the appropriate discipline reviewers are included on Squad Checks, and that the returned comments are complete and encompassing of the overall design objective.
- Attend Project Reviews and Meetings (Design Review, PHA’s, Weekly Meetings, etc)
- Provide technical input and interface for Engineering and Design deliverables including the production of some discipline specific deliverables.
- Bachelors in Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience supporting O&G EPC projects
- Understanding of multi disciplines across mechanical, process, civil/ structural, electrical
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting Midstream projects (compressor station, meter stations, NGL pipelines, tank farms, storage facilities, etc.)
- Experience leading cost, scheduling, budgeting for projects
- Ability to work in fast paced, growing environment managing multiple projects at one time