Job DescriptionWe are working with a mining operator to recruit a contract administrator on a casual basis until May 2019.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Compile and source market information and assess risk to inform procurement planning and category management for port, rail and maintenance services.
- Manage the end to end sourcing process (including contract drafting).
- Implement and contribute to the development of contract management plans, resolution of contract issues, monitor performance and negotiate contract variations by developing effective supplier relationships.
- Participate in negotiations to establish and review supply arrangements that will deliver value for money category outcomes.
- Identify, mitigate and escalate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunities.
- Support the implementation of category plans and supplier relationship management plans as required by the business.
- Maintain and update procurement records and generate reports
- Oversee the effectiveness of the claims process for relevant maintenance contract payments and step in when needed to resolve problems.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- A demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to proactively engage, communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and activities at once and be able to prioritise according to financial and operational risk.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment and have a willingness to step in when needed to meet the team’s goals.
- Proactive and outcomes focused, with ability to work to tight deadlines and in high pressure environments.
- Relevant experience in the support of the maintenance function within mining or other comparable industries (desirable)
- Relevant SAP and Microsoft Office experience, particularly Word and Excel (desirable).