Product Development Engineer ESSENTIAL:- Technical Documentation. Designs, organises and executes test strategies, plans and test suites. Delivers training and technical support to engineers. Develops automated tests to support efficient regression testing. Proactively identify and escalate project risks. The product development reservoir engineer is a key technical contributor working in the area of reservoir and production engineering.
Product Development Engineer liaises with Software Developers, Automation Engineers, Product Champions, Product Analysts, InTouch Analysts and Customers.
Product Development Engineer Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews software requirement documents, provides input to improve product deliverable (including technical documentation).
- Designs, organizes and executes test strategy, test plans and test suites with focus on intended application workflows and in close cooperation with the development team.
- Makes independent studies, analysis, interpretations and conclusions to evaluate data quality and application during testing of new products and services: compares tool performance versus specification and evaluates the relevance of the measurement in respect to customer needs.
- Reviews test plans with focus on the intended application workflows, contribute technical expertise to ensure test plan completeness.
- Finds, explores, analyses and prioritizes technical problems based on the importance to the end user and effect on overall product quality.
- Develops automated tests to support efficient regression testing.
- Tracks testing progress and reports test results in a timely manner using provided systems for reporting and defect tracking.
- Ensures engineering solutions meet the acceptance criteria as based upon the current functionality to be released.
- Assist in planning and testing of incremental releases or new versions of the product.
- Provides expert advice in the area of Reservoir Engineering to development teams, during all phased of the project development from concept to sustaining.
- Product Development Engineer delivers training and technical support to engineers, the R&D, field organization and customers in applying or understanding the software functionality for their interpretation needs.
- Investigates and proposes new development areas and technical solutions in the domain of Reservoir / Production Engineering which demonstrate understanding of the Company strategy.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK