Job DescriptionProcess Engineer – 12 Month FTC
£30,000 - £60,000 DOE
Purpose of Role
To provide Process Engineering support for capital projects, process equipment and systems.
Key Results Areas
- To support the Project Manager in the execution of capital projects.
- Specification and purchase of equipment.
- Writing and execution of qualification documentation to ensure GMP compliance.
- Commissioning and validation of equipment and facilities.
- To identify and implement improvements to reduce costs, improve reliability, safety and quality.
- To maintain and develop process engineering documentation and drawings.
Areas of Impact Affecting the Job
- Customer service/business results as a result of project work and manufacturing support.
- Compliance to GMP and Health, Safety & Environmental standards.
- Effectiveness of new product introduction through process design.
- Capital projects costs through equipment design/selection (Typically £50Kp.a.).
Planning, Organising and Controlling
- To support Projects Manager with budget costs, planning, co-ordinating with suppliers and contractors.
- To provide process engineering participation in multi-disciplined teams.
- Tracking and reporting of project work status to be provided as specified by the Projects Manager.
- To provide process support to manufacturing operation through technical advice, fault diagnosis, corrective action plans and system modification.
Contact with Others
- Manufacturing and support staff for problem solving and continuous improvement work.
- Quality staff for internal audits for GMP compliance.
- External suppliers and contractors
- Cross-functional project team to identify and implement requirements to meet objectives.
Decision Making Authority
- Technical specification, design and selection of process equipment within project budget.
- Management of small capital projects
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
- Qualified to degree level in Chemical or Process Engineering (other engineering degrees considered)
- 0-2 years post graduate experience in pharmaceutical or hygienic product manufacturing industry. Good technical ability, problem solving and team working skills and willingness to learn.
- Ideally, competent with AutoCAD and MS Office applications.
- Problem solving
- Customer Orientation
- Planning and Organising
Please apply ASAP as my client is looking to hold interviews over the next few weeks with the outlook of getting you in as soon as possible. They will consider Graduates for this role with a relevant degree!