£48,000 - £52,000
My rapidly expanding client based in Craigavon is now looking for an Automation Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. The facilities are outstanding and they truly offer a next level working environment.
The post holder will be responsible for the specification, design, development, installation, testing and administration of control systems to the highest industrial and pharmaceutical standard. The focus of the work will be to ensure that automation systems operate efficiently and safely, and in compliance with cGXP regulation.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will:
- Provide technical support for new and existing automation systems on site
- Apply knowledge of automation systems to manage the specification, design, and implementation of building automation and process control solutions in accordance with GAMP 5 and other recognised industry best practice
- Manage the upgrade/patching/modification of existing systems, providing technical input to the assessment of impact from the proposed change, and initiating and following the relevant change management process
- Commission automation systems, and manage the resolution of deficiencies through to completion
- Identify training requirements and provide technical training for operations, engineering and maintenance staff in the use of new and existing automation systems
- Supervise and co-ordinate outside contractors
- Liaise with group IS /IT to ensure interfaces between automation systems and IS / IT systems are clearly understood, setup and managed appropriately
- Identify new technology that could be used to provide real business benefit to the group
- Assist in the development of Engineering Services automation standards and good engineering practices
- Undertake other duties in relation to the position as the Company requires, including working additional hours as requested by the Automation Manager
- HND in Electronic Engineering or HND in Software/Computing
- Experience in delivering excellent results and projects in the pharmaceutical industry or other manufacturing environment
- Experience of providing support, maintenance, or system administration for existing automation systems
- Experience of specification, design, installation, commissioning automation systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS etc)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (to include Word and Excel)
- Proficient in the use of risk management techniques in the identification, assessment and control of risk
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
- Proven ability to work effectively on own
- Ensure GMP is adhered to in all areas of work.
- Understand Company’s Health & Safety Policy and follow all company HSE procedures. Report all accidents or any unsafe conditions in the work place.
- Ensure training has been received before undertaking specific duties and that all training is recorded in training records.
- Adhere to all HR policies and procedures, to include all absence policies and procedures.
- Communicate within your own department to ensure that all relevant information is forwarded to the appropriate personnel on a regular and timely basis. Provide regular updates to your line manager regarding progress on required duties and the status of any projects.
- Observe and adhere to the company's Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies ensuring that a neutral and harmonious work environment is maintained in which bullying and/or harassment does not occur.
- Ensure that all job specific responsibilities relating to the overall role objective are carried out in accordance with the requirements outlined within the core competency framework.