Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is working closely with an Engineering Consultancy to identify a Mechanical Design Engineer with previous Mining EPC and Iron Ore experience in Australia for a 12 month Contract.
The successful candidate will be based in Karratha and work collaboratively within a multidiscipline design team to deliver high profile mining projects in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Providing Mechanical design and provision of information to the project design team
- Preparing and reviewing mechanical equipment specifications and data sheets
- Meeting and improving schedules, ensuring engineering deliverables quality, conformance to design, and adherence to specifications and standards
- Work with Contractor and other team members to review work packages developed by the Contractor are within scope and accurate, workable and economical
- Working within multidiscipline design team from concept through to implementation
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- 5 -15 years’ experience mining industry experience in Australia
- Previous Design Consultancy experience
- Must be able to travel as needed to support project activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a practical approach to resolving engineering problems
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and with the Right to Work in Australia.