ADME is crucial to further understanding the mechanism of action of a drug and if it will be safe for human consumption. My client, a R&D provider for the pharmaceutical industry, is looking for the expertise of an experienced Senior Analytical Research Scientist to complete complex studies within their Bioanalysis department at one of their sites in Northamptonshire.
Senior Analytical Research Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct and manage metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- Take responsibility for the supervision and completion of more complex/new studies and a greater number of studies.
- Take on wider departmental responsibilities, to include: equipment validation, software validation and management; SOP ownership.
- Prepare study plans, amendments, file notes and deviations as required.
- Calculate and QC check data.
- Review data obtained and prepare study updates and study data for discussion internally and for communication to the client/inclusion into reports.
- Prepare study reports.
- Supervise, mentor and/or train more junior members of staff, to progress into a more senior role.
- Study Direct appropriate projects (with mentoring from a senior colleague).
Senior Analytical Research Scientist Key Requirements:
- PhD in a Life Science subject with previous experience conducting ADME studies in a GLP regulated environment.
- Prior experience operating HPLC and LC-MS techniques.
- Experience of dose formulation and determining formulation stability.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to adhere to handle multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, able to hold structured conversations with large pharmaceutical clients.
- Advanced innovation and problem solving skills.