£30,000 - £32,000 Plus excellent training
Hours of work: 08:00-17:00, 8 hrs per day
Undertake the direction of the Engineering Manager, the role I to carry out BMS Maintenance functions. In particular the post-holder will be responsible for, and advise on technical issues relating to, the Trend BMS and the sites critical alarm systems.
- Provide technical service, maintenance and support of the site BMS Trend System.
- Ensure the BMS system and network is fully operational
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Carry out Reactive Maintenance
- Conducts preventative maintenance on control panels and equipment by checking for functionality of operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- Rectification of defects, ensuring all performance standards are met in accordance with the contract.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all BMS and critical alarm systems
- The installation of BMS electrical system and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- Carry out task related "Risk Assessments" and maintain the records
- Control of good housekeeping and good working practices
- Comply with all company procedures
- Provide assistance to third parties as and when required.
- Assistance on other areas of the site can be expected.
- Ensure full compliance of the Companies Safety Rules and apply good engineering and safety practices
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), if applicable.
- Ensuring continuous improvement and drive for value for money
- Willing to work overtime as required to support maintenance activities
- Willing to work in secure and sensitive environment on an exclusively manned site.
- Time served apprenticeship or qualification to ONC Level or equivalent in Refrigeration, Electrical or Mechanical discipline.
- A minimum of four years substantial operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential.
- Working knowledge of BMS Trend systems or similar complex building monitoring and control systems would be an advantage
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382-10 17th Edition would be desirable.
- C&G 2391-10 Inspection & Testing, & C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification desirable.
- To have a working knowledge of the current HVCA Codes or Practice and installation.
- To be conversant with general Safety, Health & Environmental legislations.
- Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. time sheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Experience of positively dealing with the resolution of customers problems within specific contracts.
- Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems (Desirable)
- Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS (desirable)
- Demonstrate skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customer and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an on-going basis.
- Understanding of A/C systems and controls (desirable)
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare or processing industry and working within a GMP environment would be an advantage.
- be able to communicate effectively and have flexible approach to work patterns.
- First Aid Trained (desirable)
Other Factors relevant to the Job:
- To work reasonable overtime as and when required.
- Required participation in an on-call roster. The frequency of the rota may change with reasonable notice being given to the employee
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Literate and numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace procedures
- Flexible approach to working hours.