Job DescriptionJob Purpose
The Quality Specialist is responsible under the general direction of Quality Representative / Manager to promote and enhance the quality awareness within the project teams including Project Management, Contractors, suppliers and inspection offices. As well as to verify implementation and effectiveness of EPC and FEED Contractor quality systems in accordance with contract requirements; ISO 9001:2008 and the applicable quality plan(s) and associated procedures for all phases of the program or Project.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement and maintain an overall Quality Management System for Program FEED, Project FEED and EPC phases of the Project.
- Contribute to the comprehensive integration and support of all quality activities during all phases of the project.
- Participate in the development and review of project-specific quality requirements of all contractor bid packages, requisitions, purchase orders and inspection activities including materials and equipment requirements and in all evaluation and qualification activities.
- Monitor, assess and report on the Project Quality Management Systems of all project members including Owners, Licensors, Project Management Contractors (PMC’s) and EPCs to ensure adequacy and effectiveness.
- Record, report and track all issues identified as a result of all monitoring activities including inspections, testing and assessments performed both internally and external to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Review Contractor quality plan(s) and assessment and management review schedules and results.
- Ensure all inspectors are suitably qualified for assigned inspection activities.
- Ensure review of manufacturing special processes as specified in applicable contract requirements.
- Review Inspection Assignment Packages and ensure source inspections at vendor shops are performed in accordance with approved inspection and test plans (ITP) of purchase orders.
- Review inspection reports and communicate results to affected parties as required.
- Participate in Contractor internal assessments and perform Contractor external assessments.
- Identify, communicate and participate in resolution of issues resulting from all review, monitoring and assessment activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline & or Membership of the Institute for Quality Assurance (IQA/MIQA) with a minimum of 10 - 15 years of experience in quality assurance and quality control in a manufacturing/fabrication environment and/or on construction projects in the oil and gas and/or petrochemical industries.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable international/national standards and codes including quality management system (ISO 9001:2008 - & or ISO/TS 29001) requirements
- IRCA registered Auditor Qualification
- Ability to work with project teams, build relationships with external vendors, contractors and parent company stakeholders.
- Familiarization with working with international cultures and having international experience is preferable
- Good knowledge of standard PC workstation usage and basic MS Office software applications
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Plan & Organize
- Analyze & Solve problems
- Communicating openly & effectively
- Incorporate Technical Knowledge