Our client’s Products UK Application Engineering Team based in Aberdeen and Reading is responsible for delivering multi-disciplined engineering for our subsea controls systems and system architecture. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers provide FEED and detail engineering into Front End and Projects, support to our manufacturing facilities, the provision of diagnostic and fault analysis and front line global support for the controls product portfolio.
Reporting to the Vice President Application Engineering, key responsibilities for the role will include;
- Leadership of software engineering from Tender through Engineering, manufacture testing and product delivery (PLC, SCADA, HMI)
- Responsible for all software application engineering activities in the Products UK delivery centre
- Ensuring best practise in the specification, development and testing of software
- Intervention on projects to facilitate resolution of key issues technical, quality, budget and schedule delivery of software scopes of work to key stakeholders
- Allocate & manage software resources to meet the demands of the business
- Capacity planning and recruitment for the SW team
- Carry out subordinate appraisals and ensure development plans in place
- Ensure succession plans are in place for all key staff
- Provide guidance, coaching & mentoring to all Engineers
- Provide SW engineering support and direction to other Delivery Centres, as required.
Suitable candidates should have the following qualifications, experience and attributes;
- Degree in Electronic, or Software Engineering
- Experience of developing PLC, SCADA, HMI software
- Good knowledge of cloud computing and data analytics
- Experience of technical aspects of cybersecurity and network design
- Demonstrable, relevant Software & Product experience
- A proven track record in the delivery of software applications using Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM etc)
- Demonstrable relevant Software lead experience preferably within the Oil and Gas industry
- Ability to Communicate well, lead, motivate and develop our people.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.