Job DescriptionOur Client has recently secured new long-term contracts on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and the project portfolio in Stavanger is rapidly expanding. We are now recruiting several new employees to strengthen our teams and prepare for future growth.
The Piping & Layout department based in Stavanger, needs experienced individual engineers who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the MMO market. We offer a professional network within Aker Solutions which will provide you with required technical support.
We are now looking for Piping & Layout Design Engineers (PDMS) for permanent positions in Stavanger.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design and 3D modelling of piping systems
- Manage and coordinate all the piping discipline’s tasks internally in a part-project
- Area layout and 3D modelling of equipment
- Estimation of piping activities
- Participate in offshore surveys as required by the various projects
- Communication with client
- Ensure that interfaces towards other disciplines are handled in an efficient way
- Generate drawings and other documents according to project requirements
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- Relevant technical education, BSc is preferred
- Ability to work independently in all phases of the project; through study to execution phases
- Experience from modification projects in the offshore industry, preferably from the North Sea
- Experience from performing site-surveys, pipe-routing through existing areas and locating tie-in positions to achieve a clash-free design is mandatory
- Good knowledge of PDMS, general computer technology and experience from piping design is mandatory
- Knowledge of governing regulations and standards; ASME, NORSOK etc.
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both written and verbally
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities