The Piping & Layout department based in Stavanger, needs experienced individual engineers who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the MMO market. We offer a professional network within Aker Solutions which will provide you with required technical support.
We are now looking for Piping & Layout Design Engineers (PDMS) for permanent positions in Stavanger.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design and 3D modelling of piping systems
- Manage and coordinate all the piping discipline’s tasks internally in a part-project
- Area layout and 3D modelling of equipment
- Estimation of piping activities
- Participate in offshore surveys as required by the various projects
- Communication with client
- Ensure that interfaces towards other disciplines are handled in an efficient way
- Generate drawings and other documents according to project requirements
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- Relevant technical education, BSc is preferred
- Ability to work independently in all phases of the project; through study to execution phases
- Experience from modification projects in the offshore industry, preferably from the North Sea
- Experience from performing site-surveys, pipe-routing through existing areas and locating tie-in positions to achieve a clash-free design is mandatory
- Good knowledge of PDMS, general computer technology and experience from piping design is mandatory
- Knowledge of governing regulations and standards; ASME, NORSOK etc.
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both written and verbally
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities