|Job Title:||Compliance Specialist|
|Location:||Sabine Pass, United States|
|Contact Name:||Braquece Smith|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2018 20:26|
The Compliance Specialist will report to the Compliance Coordinator and assist in the development and execution of Sabine Pass Liquefaction (SPL) Compliance Strategy, Program and Tools. A specific focus area for the Compliance Specialist will be the development and execution of Compliance assurance processes under the overall SPL Compliance Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Lead an effective facility wide program to assure compliance with applicable regulations under 49CFR 191, 193 and 199 in accordance with site regulatory master compliance register. This compliance program would include review of lower level precursors to potential safety related events.
2. Support operationally focused inspections by the Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) and FERC. Lead the facility level actions to effectively and efficiently demonstrate applicable 49CFR compliance measures to PHMSA and FERC.
a. Assemble and review of large amounts of technical material before and during inspections.
b. Resolve additional requests for follow up information. Lead and/or support follow up meetings with PHMSA to interpret and understand the material provided.
3. Understand and apply current regulations to the details of engineering, operations, maintenance, training, and problem resolution associated with operating an LNG facility. Conduct and document self-assessments to validate site activities demonstrate compliance to procedures and regulations.
4. Work with both facility and corporate personnel to execute strategic governance objectives related to compliance activities.
5. Assist facility operating and maintenance staff with understanding, recognizing, and reporting potential safety related conditions and potential incidents.
6. Assist Compliance Coordinator and facility operating and maintenance staff with retention of records required to demonstrate compliance with 49CFR 191, 193 and 199.
7. Develop and issue assurance reports, scorecards and dashboards as required.
8. Assist Compliance Coordinator in the development of training to meet regulatory requirements and support company compliance objectives.
9. Assist site managers in coordinating and reporting site self-assessments of their department activities.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education, Training and Certifications:
Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Applied Science, Engineering, or relevant discipline.
Five to seven (5 – 7) years in Occupational Safety & Health, Applied Science, Engineering, or relevant discipline with three to five (3 - 5) years of DOT/PHMSA compliance related experience including development, management and implementation of compliance management systems, process and procedures in an operational setting. Experience with FERC operational inspections is also relevant to this role.
a. Previous experience and demonstrated success in a similar compliance role.
b. Basic project management skills and general knowledge of oil and gas operations.
c. Ability to support regulatory inspections and inspection follow-up as required.
d. Ability to interface and communicate with production, maintenance and engineering disciplines.
e. Understanding of regulatory records management requirements and processes.
f. Ability to build collaborative work relationships with key stakeholders.
g. Ability to multi-task and function in a highly-dynamic atmosphere. Must act with purpose and a sense of urgency.
h. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis using Microsoft Excel.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's