Job DescriptionCommercial Specialist/Procurement Advisor
This role supports managing all Turnaround and Site Projects specific pre-award and post award commercial matters with prime focus primarily on contracting and procurement activities for site.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
Reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager TA & Site Projects, the incumbent in this position will provide commercial expertise and support to the Project Managers (Turnaround and Site Projects) in the Business Units. Specifically, he/she will focus on managing all Turnaround and Site Projects specific pre-award and post award commercial matters.
• Execute procurement best practices for the Clients activities, ensuring these practices are in accordance with HOIMS, Client's Procurement Policy, Procurement Management System Documents (MSDs), and all relevant regulations
• Develop Turnaround and Site Projects specific Contracting Strategies, Execution Plans, and Contract Administration Plans in support of PDE (or TAPP) Gate reviews
• Manage scope specific pre-award commercial matters including contract strategies, pre-qualifications, bid evaluations, negotiations, award, and contract formation
• Ensure adherence by the eam and E&P contractors to business processes, procedures, and goals, as well as compliance plans, contract terms
• Manage post award contract management including contract changes, dispute resolution, claims management, and close-outs.
• Mitigate residual commercial risk through proactive scope and contract management.
• Ensure all Procurement documentation is stored in the appropriate Contract Management Systems in accordance with the Procurement Information Plan.
• Interface with project controls on cost, performance, progress assessment, payments, reporting, and trends to support post award contract management.
• Liaise and consult with clients subject matter experts (SMEs) from Legal, Risk Management, HSE, QA/QC, etc. in support of pre and post award commercial activities.
• Provide guidance and peer assistance to other staff team members.
• Support Procurement Business Value Methodology and Procurement Strategic Objectives and initiatives.
• Liaise with the market intelligence team to identify market risks or opportunities.
• Route Contracts, Change Orders, and Amendments for approval per process and signing authority.
• Support management of Supplier Relationships. Compile data to assist in periodic reviews of supplier performance (Performance Scorecards/Metrics) against established KPIs. Support management of Suppliers NCRs in accordance with the NCR process.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Undergrad degree or diploma in a Technical or Business discipline (post-secondary education)
• 8+ years of commercial (contract management) experience
• 5+ experience in projects
• MS office applications
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Professional Supply Chain certification (SCMP)
• Other Professional Certification relevant to Supply Chain Management
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Prior direct experience for Projects within Oil & Gas Industry
• A background in oil and gas industry would be an asset in order to understand the nature of work within an integrated oil and gas company like the client (owner)