Job DescriptionJob Title: Safety Design Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time/ Permanent
Location: Houston TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Oil & Gas Operator, is seeking an Safety Design Engineer for a permanent position to be based in Houston, TX.
The purpose of the position is to contribute to safe design of the facilities (FPU and Subsea systems), safety and environment hazards identification, evaluating the risk of those hazards and assist in the development of effective solutions to mitigate risk. The work will be carried out in Houston.
- Health, overpressure/ underpressure hazards, Environmental hazards, Fire and explosion hazards
- Human factors hazards
- Chemical hazards and Toxicity exposure hazards
- Knowledge of previous incidents that have occurred in oil and gas operations, including deepwater offshore environments.
- Risk scenarios that should be evaluated
- Sufficient and effective hazard controls in place or needed
- Analyze the consequences and probabilities of those risk scenarios
- Remove or reduce the hazard through inherently safer solutions
- Simplify the process ,Substitute less hazardous materials for more hazardous materials
- Operate at less hazardous operating conditions, Reduce inventories
- Reduce the likelihood of risks by providing more or better layers of protection
- Reduce the consequence of risks by employing mitigating systems
- Apply Human Factors principles to reduce the error potential at the interfaces of people with equipment and Instrumentation
- Carry out required gap analysis between GoM safety rules and internal rules, propose derogation when applicable
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in safety engineering related to pre-FEED and FEED Phases for Deep Water projects .Knowledge of Regulations in GOM.
- Awareness of regulatory and industry governance/guidance in the Gulf of Mexico
- In depth understanding on applicable industry standards and codes
- Working knowledge of BOEM and BSEE regulations