Job DescriptionNES Global Talent partners with leading companies in the Energy and Mining sectors to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our industry relationships; this ensures the best possible fit for long-term success. As such we are now seeking a hands on Principal Study Engineer experienced in brownfield studies with a strong focus on Concept and Pre-Feasibility
Based in Brisbane, with 50% site work at Moranbah, Queensland, this role offers the opportunity to be a part of an exciting project in its initial stage.
You will lead individual studies or groups of related studies of potential investment opportunities and other investigations requiring specific focused application of study and project disciplines.
Provide specialist advice and analysis to ensure the boundaries and business case of potential investment opportunities are explored and described sufficiently to determine the relative merit of the business case. You will be responsible for:
- The health, safety and environment compliance and outcomes for assigned studies
- Planning, execution and delivery of assigned studies; objectively, efficiently and effectively exploring the business cases of potential investment opportunities
- Development of comprehensive commercially relevant business cases evaluating investment opportunities
- Development of budgets and schedules for assigned studies
- Compliance with reporting and compliance to approval governance requirements
- Relevant degree or extensive demonstrated experience (Geoscience, Mining, Metallurgy Engineering, Chemistry, Business or related)
- 10+ years of experience in heavy industry or relevant alternative experience
- Broad exposure to operating facilities and process plants or other major industrial undertakings
- Experience in the development and delivery of discipline engineering and project deliverables
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and promote collaboration across the organization
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate at all levels in the organisation;
- Basic economic analysis and evaluation skills
- Ability to facilitate and lead large group face to face discussions and workshops
Flexible work schemes, Industry leading parental leave and family care policy, Superannuation Matching contributions, Education and career development, Participation in the Employee Share Plan, Competitive Salaries.