A large food manufacturing business based on the Wirral is looking to recruit a stores person for the team.
As a stores controller you will be responsible for effectively and efficiently leading the delivery of all engineering buying functions within the company.
Stores Controller – Responsibilities
- To work with manufacturing / engineering management to ensure that essential spare parts are available when needed to maximise plant efficiency.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers to ensure best price and quality of service.
- Complete annual stock take of stores equally across 12 months.
- Strive towards 100% part availability without increase of stock value.
- To manage all service and maintenance contracts for the company in order to ensure maximum cost effectiveness
- To identify and implement actions that will deliver cost reductions and service enhancements.
- Negotiate strategic partnerships and identify preferred suppliers.
- To work with Finance to manage the asset base of the company.
- Check, record and re-order stock levels to maintain the flow of supply stock items.
- Organise and maintain stores to ensure efficient parts in/out system which is audit ready to keep stores neat and tidy.
Stores Controls – Skills Requirements
- Previous experience of stores management/buying preferable within an engineering environment
- Broad knowledge of engineering
- Working knowledge of all procurement legislation and contract law
- Strategic approach to site engineering plan
Key skills – stores management / SAP / Goods in / Good out / Stock management / Stock value