Minimum 6 month contract with potential for an extension, the successful candidate will be based in Perth and work collaboratively within a project design team, and be involved in the mechanical engineering design for a major iron ore project in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Providing Mechanical design and provision of information to the project design team
- Preparing and reviewing mechanical equipment specifications and data sheets
- Meeting and improving schedules, ensuring engineering deliverables quality, conformance to design, and adherence to specifications and standards
- Work with Contractor and other team members to review work packages developed by the Contractor are within scope and accurate, workable and economical
- Working within multidiscipline design team from concept through to implementation
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Min 8 years’ experience mining industry experience
- Previous Design Consultancy/Client side iron ore design experience in Australia
- Must be able to travel as needed to support project activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a practical approach to resolving engineering problems
We will only contact candidates who meet the criteria for the role and with the Right to Work in Australia.