Our client is one of the market leaders within the open cut mining space who have a reputation of excellent staff retention, excellent staff training and supplying the best tools/machinery for the job.
This role will be responsible for providing technical and project management assistance to the Strategic Planning, Operations and study/project teams across the business for all metallurgical and process engineering issues, equipment selection, evaluation and process improvements. Key responsibilities will include:
- Propose solutions to existing operational challenges regarding safety, process, yield or upgrade.
- Manage test work programs with internal and external teams to progress project evaluation.
- Work with mine planning and geology teams to improve ore knowledge and regression predictions.
- Develop projects with operations; supporting through design, execution, commissioning and handover.
- Generate and/or approve process related deliverables and documentation for project delivery.
- Ensure correct application of Health & Safety standards are met.
- Oversee overall technical quality, integrity and adequacy of designs.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Qualifications in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 10 years in mineral processing industry with direct operational/ technical development experience.
- Over 5 years process engineering experience on major mineral processing projects working on materials handling, crushing, screening and wet beneficiation process plant (especially physical separation unit processes).
- Demonstrated experience in most major components of mining project studies and development.
- Excellent problem solving skills and continual improvement focus.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing team and a leader within their space. Please do apply immediately to hear further about this long term opportunity.