Job DescriptionControls Systems Technical Sales Manager
The Controls systems Technical manager will be responsible for originating sales by positioning Control systems technology and identifying the best technical and commercial solution. Promote the business value proposition of Control systems technology. Works in close cooperation with regional sales, account sales and commercial proposal staff.
At least 5 years of engineering experience in compressor control applications, and gas/steam turbine control, including experience and knowledge of compressor process applications. Experience working in dedicated Unit Controllers. Prefer DCS and PLC systems experience.
• CCC systems and applications experience preferred.
• Knowledge of IEC, ISA, Shell Design/Eng. Standards, CSA, ATEX, CE, and HSE/Hazop experience
• Must be able to generate immediate credibility with customers, channel partners, GE sales and engineering communities.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and computer skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, geographically dispersed team environment are required.
• Team player personality with high energy level, ability to manage global teams in matrix environment and start-up business mentality are keys to success in this position.
• Excellent spoken and written English skills.
• Regional spoken and written skills greatly preferred.
• Customer-focused skills, demonstrated by experience in direct sales, customer services or project management, are essential.
Primary technical role involved in DTI (demand to inquiry): aim at increasing market penetration through technical support during pre-ITO. Products and systems requiring technical knowledge. Some customization to client conditions can be done. Cooperates with (technical) sales support to realize sales.
• Provides Business Development Leadership on a regional basis for BHGE- Control Systsems in the O&G, Power and Adjacent markets, providing proactive, technical, commercial leadership at end users, EPC’s and OEM’s.
• Responsible for understanding customer’s process control needs around turbo-compressors, unit control upgrades, DCS applications, and driving new opportunities by developing technical and commercial concepts solving those problems with BHGE solutions.
• Conducts technical seminars on compressor control and applications, turbine, generator, process control, cybersecurity and electronic safety systems.
• Responsible for driving customers to specify BHGE as preferred control supplier for upcoming new and retrofit projects, using in depth understanding of customers’ needs (technical/process/commercial), using FEED documents (front end engineering design), hardware and software demonstrations and consulting selling skills.
• Is the primary conduit for regional input on the local market, voice of the customer, competitive trends.
• Tracks current opportunities, and order forecast for the assigned region.
• Provides technical sales mentoring and training of the sales force.
• Supports and provides specific project proposal support, including strategy, RFQ review/analysis, technical scoping, costing and proposal development as necessary to grow segment business.
• Provides commercialization support of existing and developing hardware and software products, including customer references, and testimonials.
• Works closely with sales team to develop opportunities, formulate and present BHGE solution to customers and close deals.
• Extensive overnight travel (25-50%) will be expected.
• Participates in team activities to establish regional business network of partnerships, alliances and integrator / distributor / reseller relationships