Job DescriptionThe Hydrodynamics Discipline is providing hydrodynamic engineering support to group projects (proposal, FEED, EPCI). The support comprises amongst others of sea keeping analysis including motions, slamming and green water evaluations, the execution and supervision of model test campaigns. In addition, the senior hydrodynamics engineer may provide support for the center with mooring analysis and mooring system design.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual whose goal will be:
• To apply hydrodynamic support for engineering and design of offshore structures (FPSO and FLNG) by deriving design loads on floating structures;
• To write model test program specifications and follow up the model tests;
• To support and define developments in hydrodynamics;
• You will typically work with a small team of hydrodynamic experts acting as Discipline Lead Engineer (DLE) or similar responsibility
• You are familiar and master hydrodynamic software (such as Hydrostar, Ariane, Orcaflex etc)
• To represent the company in conferences, workshops, Joint-Industry-Projects
Your daily interactions will be with our hydrodynamics experts and other execution centers as well as with engineers from a whole range of disciplines.
You have a MSc (or BSc) degree in Hydrodynamics, Offshore Structures, Naval Architecture or Civil Engineering. You have been working in the offshore industry in a relevant discipline for at least 7 to 10 years.
You are willing to work in an engineering environment in close cooperation with your hydrodynamic colleagues and to interact with several other disciplines. Your sense of initiative will allow you to undertake development work in the hydrodynamic discipline next to your project work. You are willing to travel for client presentations and meetings.
• Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
• Flexible working hours;
• Attractive benefits in the area of personal development, culture, sports and relaxation;
• A modern and well-facilitated office, which is accessible by car and by public transport.