Biopharmaceuticals, particularly antibodies, have proven to be powerful tools in the field of R&D; offering an avenue of immunotherapeutic treatment for diverse disease states. My client, a leading bio-pharmaceutical company is seeking the prowess of a Research Scientist with expertise in Peptide Chemistry (Anti-bacterials), to aid in the development of a novel class of medicines to treat diseases based on its proprietary drug discovery therapeutic platform.
Protein Research Scientist (Anti-bacterials) Key Responsibilities:
- Design preparation, modification and purification of peptides and other drug discovery related compounds
- Analysis of peptides using a variety of analytical approaches including mass spectrometry, LC-MS and other standard analytical approaches
- Experience of preparative HPLC and mass spectrometry
- Entry of peptides into databases and repositories, ensuring accurate record keeping and adhering to standard operating procedures
- A range of basic lab procedures to support wet chemistry
- Clear and accurate record keeping
- Degree in Chemistry or related Life Science subject
- Specific experience working with peptides preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; as a support role, effective interaction with other teams both locally and remotely is essential
- Team player with strong communication and motivational skills
- Excellent organisational skills and close attention to detail
- Confident with requirements of data integrity and use of Electronic Lab Notebooks
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.