Job DescriptionBiocatalysis Senior Scientist – Hertfordshire - Contract
My client, a world leading pharmaceutical company is currently seeking the expertise of a Biocatalysis Senior Scientist in a new Advanced Manufacturing Technologies group. To be effective, the scientist will need to be creative, innovative, and proactive. This project aims to industrialise the synthetic use of methyltransferases in Biocatalysis with a focus on economic recylcing of cofactors. The role is fast-paced and dynamic, you will thrive in this environment if you are able to effectively manage multiple priorities, communicate your recommendations clearly and enjoy working in teams.
Biocatalysis Senior Scientist Key Responsibilities:
Demonstrate the feasibility of industrial biocatalysis using co-factor dependent enzymes. As part of your role you will:
• Develop procedures to express multiple enzymes in a single or multiple hosts using appropriate expression constructs
• Develop appropriate assays (e.g. UPLC, LC/MS) to detect reaction intermediates and products
• Characterise the techno-economic performance of the various recombinant enzymes and approaches
• Work with chemistry teams to optimize the use of enzymes in chemical routes
• Ensure compliance with all R&D data integrity practices, ethics codes, standards and training, and safety training and practice
Biocatalysis Senior Scientist Key Requirements:
• PhD or equivalent in biochemistry or chemistry with relevant experience in a variety of assay methodologies. A strong knowledge of biochemical reactions and the application of analytical techniques to monitor these reactions is essential
• Broad experience in Synthetic Biology or Industrial Biotechnology and application to biocatalysis to produce fine/speciality/pharmaceutical chemicals
• Demonstrated hands-on and practical ability in developing and using suitable analytical methods (UPLC, Optical fluorescent/absorbance assays etc)
• A demonstrated ability to meet agreed objectives and timelines
•Experience in biotacatalysis and use of enzymes to carry out chemical reactions; experience in optimisation of enzymatic reactions is highly desirable
• Experience of expression of recombinant enzymes in bacterial systems is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in performing and developing enzymes assays to quantify enzyme activity (microtitre plate, HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS)
This exciting opportunity of a Biocatalysis Senior Scientist is available immediately on a 2year basis initially, and offers the right individual an unparalleled platform for career growth within a global pharmaceutical company. Well suited to fast paced academic researchers, this position will enable growth of your existing skills and a name to echo on your CV for future prospects.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.