Job DescriptionNES Global Talent partners with leading companies in the Energy and Mining sectors to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our industry relationships; this ensures the best possible fit for long-term success. As such we are now seeking a Mining Area Manager with strong experience in the leadership of major projects within the underground coal mining industry
Predominately based in Brisbane, this role offers the opportunity to be a part of an exciting project in its initial stages and to build a team. You will provide leadership and direction to safely run the project site and ensure delivery according to project plan. This role will require extensive travel to site during the execution and construction phase.
The purpose of this role is to manage the area specific multi-disciplined project- team to deliver.
This role will initially be offered on an 18-month fixed term employee contract with a view to a permanent position upon successful Final Investment Decision of the project in 2019.
- Membership of the Project Leadership Team.
- Demonstrate leadership through personal behaviours that are consistent with the Company Core Values; Trust, Care, Togetherness and Excellence and Code of Conduct
- A strong commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development demonstrated through personal behaviours and leadership
- Provides direction and leadership to specific mining development related areas within a major project
- Liaising with the Production, Planning, Maintenance, and Engineering functions in the Mine Operation during the project works; and integrated operational services (on-site and off-site) to deliver against the performance targets for safety, production and unit costs through effective management of people, resources, and physical assets.
- Driving the health, safety and environment compliance / outcomes for the mine area study, project and site works; including the safety systems and processes required to support safe ongoing operation of the constructed facility.
- Develop a balanced and productive project team by providing leadership and guidance to the project members under your management and co-ordinating and fostering team spirit and approach based on company core values and behaviours
- Plan and deliver the project area according to contractual requirements by managing the scope of work, quality, budget, schedule, resources, risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle and maintain operational lines of communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordination with all project Managers to ensure seamless integration across all areas of the project.
- Support the business’ strategic intent in delivery of the project objectives.
- Maintain strict change management over the given area scope of work, communicating trends and change to Project Management as it is identified.
- Compliance with project reporting requirements
- Relevant degree or extensive demonstrated experience (Geoscience, Mining, Engineering or related)
- Strong experience in the leadership of major projects in underground coal mining is essential
- Any broad exposure to operating facilities and process plants or other major industrial undertakings is beneficial.
- Experience in the development and delivery of discipline engineering and project deliverables
- Ability to influence / agree solutions with multiple or a large group of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate at all levels in the organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to select, develop, coach and mentor employees resulting in improved engagement, diversity and organisational capability.
Flexible work schemes, Superannuation Matching contributions, Education and career development, Competitive Salaries.