Job DescriptionJob Summary
This position is located in Denver as a member of the DJ Basin Land Team.
- Minimum of 4 years of successful oil and gas land management experience is required
- Goal and solution-oriented with the ability to remain flexible, motivated, and focused during times of changing priorities and compressed project deadlines
- Strong negotiation, conflict-management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently of others with limited supervision; will perform routine tasks individually or complex assignments within a group; easily adaptable for working on multiple project teams as an individual contributor or in a leadership role
- Knowledge and understanding of CO state and local oil and gas and land use rules and regulations
- PC proficiency; experienced use with Microsoft Suite of products to include Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Knowledge of and ability to draft written agreements, apply for permits, and draft varied rights-granting documents in compliance with company guidelines and procedures
- Strong self-organization and time management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with landowners
- Acquires land rights and develops contacts to promote exploration and production activities in newly identified exploration project areas
- Negotiates and acquires all oil and gas rights associated with upstream and/or midstream operations
- Manages teams of contract landmen in assisting with the above efforts.
- Engages in legal research on acreage to determine burdens and encumbrances on the minerals and/or surface.
- Works cooperatively with internal counterparts in Regulatory, Operations, Construction, Engineering, Geology, HSE, Midstream, etc. to build comprehensive plans for development of Anadarko DJ Basin assets.
Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Land or Energy Management, Business, Law or other relevant degree is required