Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking two (2) Maintenance Planner/Schedulers in Nanticoke, ON for a 2 year contract (to start). The working schedule would be 5 days on/2 days off. Local candidates would be preferred as no LOA is provided at this time.
MAIN FUNCTIONS: To be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all
Maintenance activities. Should have good understanding of safety, health, and
environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc. Skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment support, and labor crew (skills) composition and assignment.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrates SAFETY is the top priority
•Participates in planning with Core/Work Teams
• Plans and schedules any Routine Maintenance work required
• Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window
• Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines. Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events.
• Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position. Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression.
• Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan.
• Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
• Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline.
• Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management.
• Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO's).
• Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones.
• Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead
coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of closely related professional experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional experience
• Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
•Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
• Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates.
The planner will work under the lead planner for Nanticoke's 2020 Turnaround. Position will be a support planner for a two year time frame. Planner must have experience in fixed equipment planning. Two planners are required, one with experience in fixed equipment planning, the other in piping planning in refinery/chem/process plant type setting.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT CANDIDATES TO THE POSITION: DECEMBER 13th, 2018