Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is working closely with a Global Engineering Design Consultancy in Perth to identify a Senior Electrical Designer with mining plant and infrastructure experience in Australia for a 12 month Contract with potential for extension.
The successful candidate will be based in Perth and work collaboratively within a project design team, and use SmartPlant 3D to develop the electrical design for a large scale iron ore project in WA.
Your responsibilities in the role
- Produce design deliverables, including single line diagrams, electrical schematics, communication diagrams and equipment layouts
- Modelling of equipment, cable ladder routes and underground services using SmartPlant S3D
- Creating 2D and 3D model deliverables
- Supervise, design and drafting deliverables on time and within budget
- Participate in project reviews as required
- Work collaboratively with engineers
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions
- Participate in peer reviews
- Establish and maintain good working relationships through strong communication
- Diploma or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years general design experience in mining/mineral resources sector
- Ability to work proficiently in 3D and 2D design using SmartPlant (SP3D) and MicroStation
- Experience with use of SPEL-D
- Sound 3D design principles and ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and a practical approach to engineering design problems
- Understand databases and have experience in delivering data centric designs.
- Understand the relationship of the electrical scope to other disciplines and facilitate the flow of information to and from other disciplines.