Job DescriptionIT Cloud Security Analyst – Permanent – Wirral, Cheshire
IT Cloud Security Analyst Essential:- Do you have experience of building and administrating cloud hosting environments in Amazon AWS and Azure, if so I need to hear from you, any security experience would be a bonus. Successful track record & excellent in-depth technical knowledge of one or more of the cloud hosting platforms AWS/Azure. Information Security / IT Security knowledge. Sound, broad knowledge of scripting, automation & coding including JSON &/or powershell. Working in roles requiring high level of technical standards, & operating at enterprise scale. Ability to learn & assimilate new technologies. Excellent time management, prioritisation of tasks & quality of delivery. Minimum 5 years in an IT role. Cloud administration Certification from either of Azure/AWS. Professional qualification in information security – e.g. CISSP, GIAC or equivalent. Experience within a consumer goods or retail environment preferable. Degree level education.
The role of the IT Cloud Security Analyst is to act as a subject matter expert for the security requirements & capabilities of the IT foundation platforms in the cloud. This means ensuring all the components of the individual platforms & cloud hosting adhere to the security control requirements, ongoing assurance measures are in place & importantly, that specific security controls & reporting are designed & integrated in to the security platform.
The IT Cloud Security Analyst must have a detailed understanding of the overall Cloud Hosting environments including Amazon AWS & Azure, a working knowledge of the key foundation security tools used by my client & ideally some additional security experience. It will be advantageous for the candidate to also have good developer & automation/scripting knowledge as the forward strategy is to utilize automation to deliver & configure Cloud IT security systems. Technical training for specific areas of IT & IT security will be available to the successful candidate.
Information Security is an area of significant growth both internally & externally & this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team with excellent career opportunities. This role will be working within rapidly changing areas of Information Security & IT & as such any applicants must have a real desire to keep ahead of the curve & a passion for technology.
IT Cloud Security Analyst Main Accountabilities
The main accountability of this role is to support the IS Capability Manager to deliver the information security requirements & capabilities specific to cloud hosting platforms
CLOUD PLATFORM SECURITY
- Information Security technical SME & point of contact for the Cloud Security platforms.
- Ensuring that these platforms are built & operated aligned to information security control requirements as published in my client’s cloud security standards
- Seeking, defining & transitioning to cloud native information security capability opportunities within these platforms.
- Provide knowledge of the current & strategic capability of cloud hosting environments
- Provide input to the security standards framework on technology platform specifics.
- Expertise in automation, scripting & DevOps agile delivery methods
ALIGNMENT & ENGAGEMENT
- Working alongside all areas of the broader Information Security team to ensure alignment to controls, existing processes & overall strategy.
- Engagement with the Information Security programme management team to ensure effective delivery of new capabilities.
- Engagement with the Security Operations team to ensure new security capabilities are transitioned & operated effectively.
- Effective partnership with the key IT foundation platform experts.
- Engagement with internal & external project teams, including suppliers, partners & SME’s.
GOVERNANCE & DELIVERY
• Ensure alignment to project portfolio management processes.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK