Job DescriptionAs a Lead Buyer you will manage the assigned package from preparation to the RFQ, to issuing the PO and the kick off meeting. You will work closely together with the Package Manager and ensures a timely and cost effective selection of the supplier of the subject package. Your strong experience in Mechanical Equipment is required for any FEED or EPC activity to take care of the main process packages.
Furthermore you will
• Ensure a flawless selection of the most attractive bidder by conducting
commercial, contractual, technical and legal clarifications with the support
of internal stakeholders such as Legal and the Package Manager;
• Supervise all related buying activities;
• Compile and issue the RFQ, ensuring that the Bidders List and Supplier
Qualifications are met;
• Expedite the quotations and perform the commercial bid clarifications as
• Prepared the Recommendation To Purchase (RTP) and Commercial Bid
• Organize the supplier kick- off meeting (if required);
• Train and educate your team members where required.
For the Lead Buyer position SBM Offshore is looking for applicants with a Business School degree, preferably with a major in Purchasing or an Engineering degree in combination with at least one year of specialization in purchasing. NEVI 1 and NEVI 2 are a plus.
You have a minimum of 10 years experience as buyer in an EPC environment of which approximately 4 years in the Oil & Gas industry, in a senior buyer / lead buyer role. During these years you have been specializing in Mechanical Equipment.
Furthermore you are/ you have:
• Solid commercial background and experience;
• a self- starter who possesses good interpersonal and organizational skills;
• great Time Management skills;
• Leadership skills and proactive behavior;
• Flexible and adaptable to react to operational changes;
• Fluent in English (both written and verbally)