- Requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and/or 5-10 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects.
- Familiar with a variety of the discipline's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks with minimal day to day supervision.
- Has begun to demonstrate some breadth in applying skills to different project phases and / or acquiring experience in other related disciplines.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Portfolio focus of rotating equipment services and the complimentary supply chain including, overhaul spares, repairable items and maintenance inventory across a multi-faceted asset profile. Ensuring contractor selection, award and post award performance management processes drive optimal HSSE, Quality, Technical and Commercial performance.
- Working in collaboration with the contractors, suppliers & internal functional stakeholders to ensure the development and implementation of strategies to optimise value creation, control and safety management in support of the Asset Operating Plan.
- Applying well-defined CP processes under limited supervision and in compliance with CP Standards. Proposing and developing more complex tactical strategies for upcoming activities and projects.
- Leveraging Global Shared Services & Framework Agreements to provide responsive and cost effective procurement services.
- Supporting Contract Holders in managing Contractor’s performance and driving commerciality and competitiveness across assigned contracts portfolio.
- Conducting all CP activities in accordance with the relevant Contracting Policy and Standards
Core Skills 10+ years’ experience in the contracting of goods and services with:
- Deep experience in managing a range of service & inventory supply contracts for major technical plant operating environments. This includes rotating equipment (e.g. Compressor, Engines, Pumps, Valves & heavy plant) and repairable plant.
- Understands CP Standards and applies well-defined CP processes and can deal with routine deviations and amendments.
- End to end contract management experience will be essential in this role as you will be accountable for preparing and managing the creation of the service & commodity contracts which include spend analysis, development of cost models and consumption profiles.
- Understands the influence of good CP practice on value creation, control and safety performance. Interacts confidently with peers internally and externally with representatives of suppliers and contractors.
- Developing confidence in making presentations internally and participating in external negotiations.
- Educated to degree level; preferable that candidate either has or is studying for membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. MCIPS, CPSM, MIIAPS).