NES Global Talent’s revered client is looking to acquire an experienced Head of IT Operations to look after the UK arm of the business. You will be an inspirational leader, having a solid background in B2B/IT/Retail/Sales/Distribution. Technologies wise have a background in Desktop and Networking and ERP
As the Head of IT Operations, you will have a deep understanding of IT service management and infrastructure and application management. A strong customer focus background with commercial awareness, understanding the business needs and excellent business judgement will be a prevalent attribute in your skillset and experience. It is essential that you possess strong interpersonal and influencing skills with excellent stakeholder management. Managing relationships across the organisation at multiple levels is a key part of this role, as you will be the leader of both change and continuity into a large scale and already successful business.
- This is a high profile role that will be pivotal in both the transformation of and way IT services are delivered across this high profile business.
- The Head of IT Operations will have key objectives to be able to set the mission and vision of the IT Operations organisation to foster a business-oriented culture and mind-set driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Direct the daily operation and delivery of commodity IT services and key business applications, to include IT infrastructure management, service management and applications management.
- Create and drive the operations and support team to act and proactively identify areas of improvement to attain higher system throughput and reliability.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal teams and vendors to establish tight service level agreements, support and management methodologies.
- The Head of IT Operations will have strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build rapport and understand business drivers.
- Flexible to change stakeholder approach to fit different business areas at varying levels of technical maturity.
- Good understanding of how to conduct yourself at board level but also be able to relate at user level as well.
- Head of IT Operations to be able to appreciate strategy and think outside the box to take a broader picture view on situations.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think critically.
- Strong financial acumen with exposure managing multi-million pound budgets and ensuring that value for money is delivered
- Significant portfolio of IT projects, mix of significant 'BAU' change and more transformational/ strategic change.
Travel will be involved with this role visiting other offices through the UK and possible Europe.
Head of IT Operations – North West - Contract
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK