Job DescriptionIn Vivo Technical Specialist – Permanent – Northamptonshire
Therapeutic compounds may initially seem promising in the petri dish, however further testing in vivo is required to ensure the production of drugs are safe for human consumption. My client, a premier R&D provider to the pharmaceutical industry is currently seeking the expertise of an In Vivo Technical Specialist due to expansion of their client portfolio and subsequent increased workload.
In Vivo Technical Specialist Key Responsibilities:
- Design, perform, analyse and report safety pharmacology studies to support drug development
- Co-ordinate and execute in vivo studies to support drug development using procedural skills
- Using statistics to analyse relevant scientific data to aid decision-making process project direction.
- Develop training materials and deliver training in area of specialism.
- Lead process improvement/new service development projects the in vivo area.
- Increase profile of the department externally by publishing papers/posters and participation in expert groups
- Work with Study Directors on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions.
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates and contribute to reports.
In Vivo Technical Specialist Key Requirements:
- PhD or BSc with approximately 4+ years’ experience in a practical laboratory setting
- Previous experience working to GLP conditions highly desirable
- Excellent procedural skills (dosing, blood sampling) with rodents or lagomorphs
- Home Office/Project License is essential
- Knowledge of PK/ADME studies is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, having the ability to communicate scientific data effectively with clients